Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our Lady of Manaoag

On our way home from Baguio, we made a side trip to the Our Lady of Manaoag Church located in Manaoag, Pangasinan. It is one of the most well-known places of worship in the Philippines and surprisingly, we didn't have a hard time finding it passing through the Binalonan route. It was my first time to go there, and I was quite awestruck with what I saw. The miraculous Lady inside the Church looked so magnificent. Her robe was covered with priceless jewels, glass case bullet-proof because of the numerous attempts to rob her. Devotees can, however, touch the back of her robe through a hole in a separate room, which is what we did, only we had to wait in line for about an hour to do so. What was most beautiful and captivating was her face, one could only kneel and feel her presence and pray. The Roman Catholic Church acknowledges the countless miracles that she has granted, and with all humility, I asked for my one wish to also come true--my mom's complete healing from cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment